Career counseling is about learning how to make informed decisions; decisions that reflect your personal criteria for choosing work you will enjoy.
The NOVA Career Center offers drop-in and individual career counseling services for students and alumni. Career counseling includes a wide range of services, including self-exploration; researching academic and career options; decision making and developing action-steps; experiential learning opportunities, and job search strategies and resources. If you need assistance with choosing or changing a career path, career counseling may be right for you.
Career counseling services at NOVA NELA are available to assist students and alumni in any of the following areas:
- Choosing or changing a career path
- Decision-making, goal setting and/or developing action steps
- Internships and other experiential learning opportunities
- Job search strategies
- Resume and cover letter writing; resume critiques
- Practice for interview sessions
- Assessment of skills, values, and interests
- Overcoming obstacles to achieving your education and career goals
- Interviewing techniques
- Part-time jobs
- Speaking with professionals in your field of interest